Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:47 PM   #1

I am having issues with formatting memory cards on my Xacti hd1000. The cards format fine on other cameras however with my xacti they do not. I have tested again and again my 8 and 16 gig SD cards, which at one point worked, by trying to format the cards on the camera by first choosing format. This function simply stalls on the "Formatting do not power off" message. I let it run overnight and when I awoke the same message was on the camera.
I have tried the Full Format function, of which seems to work however simply returns me to the screen with the Format and Full FOrmat options. What is going on here or what am I doing incorrectly.

I love this camera however am severely frustrated with it not formatting my cards.

What can I do? I run a mac and have tried disk utility to no avail.

Thanks -

hsershen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:06 PM   #2

I recently bought a SDHC 16GB class 6 card and it continually asks me to format each time I restart the camera (HD1010). If I select format it very quickly takes me to the normal operations of the camera - to quickly. You video and then again on next start up it asks to be formatted - weirder is that if you format it again it does not delete any of the video from last time = no real format. As this is a cheap card I believe it is a card issue not a camera one as teh sandisk 4gb class 2 that came with the camera works fine. Perhaps the same for you....
SXTex is offline   Reply With Quote