Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:44 AM   #1

Alright guys, I need your help!

I bought a sanyo hd-100 from wal mart a couple nights ago. I went and bought an 8gb 6 class sdhc card from microcenter (and it's the microcenter brand). I loaded the card into the camera and then turned it on. It instantly said I had a little short of 3 hours recording time, which was great! I pressed record and it worked for about 8 seconds and then it gave me a card error message. I reformated the card in the camera and tried again. Same error and then I also got an error: card full message. But i hadn't even used it. Any idea what's going on? Could it be the card? maybe the brand isn't good, granted it was the least expensive, but since it was an 8gb 6 class, I went for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any card you all suggest I should by?
scheme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:24 PM   #2

Try this (Panasonic SD Formatter Software). It can properly format SD and SDHC cards. You'll see a download link at the bottom of the page:

Test it to see if it works in the camera after formatting it. If so, format it again using the camera's menu choice for format and see if it still works. If so, it's probably OK.

If it won't work, I'd get a different card. It's probably either defective or incompatible if it doesn't work after formatting it that way.

You could also try formatting it using Windows (select FAT32 from the drop down list of file system types for an 8GB Card). But, if it doesn't work after the above using Panasonic's software, it's probably defective or incompatible.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote