Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:55 AM   #1

I have a bit of a problem. I was taking pictures last nite with my kodak easyshare with the sd card inserted like i always do, i was taking them and everything was fine. i turned the camera off to take a break for a bit on the picture taking, later that nite i went to turn the camera back on and when i do it reads that my card needed to format, i know if i were to have formated it i would loose all the pics i just took, so i didnt do anything but take the card out and used me internal mem for a couple more pics.. how do i recover the pics on the card? I downloaded photorec and it recovered some pics that were on the card from a previous photo session on a nother date prior to last nite, but all the pics i took last nite were not recovered, i find the step by step directions for the phtohrec pretty confussing. is there any other way to recover those pics that were not recovered?

thank you in advance, magicalchild1717
magicalchild1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:01 PM   #2

PhotoRec is as good as it gets and better than most. If PhotoRec can't recover your images, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope that something else will.

JimC is the PhotoRec Wizard around here, but he hasn't shown up here very often lately.

Another option, if warranted, is to send the SD Card off to Ontrack Data Recovery.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 7:54 AM   #3

I used Pandora Recovery to recover a bunch of accidentally deleted files on my SD card. Its a freeware programme. Just google it.

good luck
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote