Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 27, 2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Default M Plus vs H

I may be purchasing an xd card for an olympus camera. I'm just wondering what card is faster...H or M+?
Heffty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2009, 7:27 AM   #2

According to this wikipedia page, the M+ should be faster for read speed and slightly slower for write speed (of course, in some cases, the camera versus the card may be the bottleneck)/ I doubt there is a lot of "real world" difference between them in the performance area.

The M+ the only type I see in stock at newegg.com right now (they've got a 1GB in stock, with an ETA of May 29th for the 2GB cards). They tend to have good prices on memory cards (but, I haven't compared their xD prices with other vendors):

I saw your post about getting a Stylus 830. It should be compatible with 2GB M+ cards according to this chart:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 12:07 PM   #3

From experience in a Fuji S9100 the M+ is just a hair faster than the H series in capture, same uploading speed with memory card reader and H series is a noticeable improvement over the M series. The regular cards that read 512MB with no series lettering are slowest.

As far as upload speeds are are slower to upload to my PC from a high speed card reader than my Transcend 16GB 133x card.

Hope this helps. If you had a choice I'd say the M+ unless its much more costly.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote