Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 5, 2009, 4:07 PM   #1
Default Want to confirm extreme 3 &4 work with Rebel XT and other ?'s

Basically what the title says. I'm looking to pick up an 8gb card and would really be fine with any brand, but am looking to spend about $50 with a max of $70-75 if the RAW right speed is good enough.

Also, I'm going to be going on a Hawaiian cruise for a week for my honeymoon and was wondering if anybody thinks an 8gb would be enough without having to buy a 2nd card.
elnino2783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:06 PM   #2

Honestly I would take more memory than you think you will use. You may want to look at transcends 8GB 133x speed cards. You can get two of them for $56 plus shipping (that would be 16GB total).

I have used a transcend an 8GB and a 16GB 133x cards in my old Fuji S9100 and loved them. Jim C talked me into getting the 16GB card when I was asked to photograph a wedding and it really did the job. Also used it during a large shopping center fire that I photographed for the fire department. I still have them and also have 2x 8GB extreme III cards (that I got from my employer for free) that I am using in a Sony A200.

or you can just get a 16GB card for $52 with free shipping

Either way I would carry 16GB if you can afford it and get the cards in time for the trip. The 133x cards are worth every penny i paid for them and the extreme IIIs are nice when I need to use the continuous 3fps mode, but if I am just shooting straight stills the 133x are plenty fast for what I do.

Hope this helps

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote