Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:35 AM   #1
Default Memory Card Trouble - Someone PLEASE Help Me!

I recentely had a Canon Powershot XS10 IS with an 8 GB SDHD memory card. Yesterday, I upgraded to a Nikon D3000, which is pretty amazing. But one problem. The Nikon somehow won't read my memory card! I mean, I put my memory card into the Nikon and I can take pictures and they show up on the card, but they won't show the pictures on it from my Canon.

Anybody know why this is and how I can fix it or solve it??

Thank SO much!!
torijennifer photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:47 AM   #2

There really isn't an "easy" fix. Many cameras are not going to display photos taken by a different camera for a variety of reasons (different resolutions, metadata information specific to a camera, file naming conventions, folder differences, etc.). Digital Cameras are designed to display photos (and settings information like shutter speed, aperture, etc.) that were taken by the same model camera, not photos taken by a different camera.

Sometimes, you can find work arounds (renaming files to match the naming needed by a newer camera, making sure the files are in the same folder, etc.). You can also find software designed to convert photos in a way that lets one camera display photos taken by another one. But, this is usually more trouble than it's worth unless you have a very good reason for wanting to do that.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote