Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 23, 2003, 11:15 AM   #1
Default Different memorycards

I'm looking around for a digital camera and i found out that there are as much types of memorycards as there are types of camera's.

Apart from the price, i think there are also considerations like speed etc. to take into account.

All the camera's are tested, but you never see a test of memorycards. If there are differences in speed, that's something you will notice, because it will affect the speed of the camera. And what about the difference between the different brands?

Is the speed of a memorycard an issue, or should i just select a camera and accept the memorycard it uses?
If it is, which memorycard is the best?

DigitalRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2003, 12:43 PM   #2

When I bought a digital camera, what memory card it uses never entered into my consideration list...here's what I cared about:

the lens range (in my case, 10x zoom)
optical quality
picture quality
how the camera felt in my hands
battery type (AA's)
ease of use
ability to use standard filters

I've owned cameras that have used proprietary disk, CF, MMC, and SM...my next one will probably use xD (if I get what I think I will).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2003, 7:46 PM   #3

Memory type should only be a factor if you already have invested a small fortune in memory cards for another camera or device and plan to use them for your new camera.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote