Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:06 AM   #1
Default Flash Drive problem solved.

Last year I posted asking for help regarding not being able to view some photo's on my new TV from a flash drive that I was given for my birthday.The offending pics were black and white and had been scanned on 3 different scanners.Some had metadata some did not.Some would play, some wouldn't.The coloured pics from my camera were fine.
Unfortunately shortly afterwards I developed an eye problem which knocked me out of photography until now.Anyway lots of you sent me advice and I have been trawling through it.I tried matching the file sizes/pixels of the players with the non players,they didnt work.
Eventually I noticed something that was glaringly obvious and you guys would have spotted it straight away but I was looking for something complicated.I noticed the ones that wouldn't play were scanned in Grayscale and the ones that would were scanned in RGB.Visually there's no difference.
So I've converted them all to RGB now they all play. It seems my TV wont play a pure black and white image.Yeehah.
It's taught me to look for something simple first.
Thanks again for your help
D5100 +18-200mVR Nikkor lens.
SB400 Flash, ML-L3 Remote.
SB 700 Flash
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:58 PM   #2

Glad to hear you solved it. It is the type of thing that takes some real head scratching to figure out.
Sorry to hear about your eye problem, but glad that you are back with us.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote