Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:02 AM   #1
Default Nikon Coolpix S9 SDHC Card

I notice on your website that you say the S9 is compatible with any SDHC card but my camera tells me that the card cannot be used. The card is PNY SDHC 4GB. How do I format this card to work with my camera - if possible? I have trawled the internet to find out info on this so you are my last resort....
Sherloil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:51 AM   #2
Default Nikon Coolpix S9 and SDHC card

I notice that you have moved me to a recovery site - but this is a brand new card - I will take the card back to the shop....

Question: - If I get a replacement card will that work or is the information wrong on your site?

Sherloil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:36 AM   #3

Your camera has a menu choice for format. If that doesn't work, you may want to try this utility. You'll see a download link at the bottom of the page:

Test it to see if it works in the camera after formatting it. If so, format it again using the camera's menu choice for format and see if it still works.

From what I can see of the manual for camera, only SD (versus SDHC cards are mentioned), and Nikon only tested cards through 1GB in size. So, it's possible that's it's not SDHC compliant, as indicated by the specs Nikon likely provided us at the time. If it won't work with SDHC cards, you'll need to stick with a smaller card size (I'd probably go with a 1GB SD card). See this wikipedia page for more info on the differences between them:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote