Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:18 PM   #1
Default Help find USB Cable for Samsung UCA 401

I have had no success in getting the right sized USB cable for my Samsung Digimax UCA 401 - since I lost mine when I was travelling. I was sent 2 varieties of cables (one with a larger head than the other) from an online company but both are too large to interface with my camera's plug point where the USB cable is to be inserted. I was told that the 2 cable sizes that were sent to me are the only ones for my Samsung UCA 401.

Can someone tell me where or how I can find the right sized cable? I have hundreds of photos that need to be downloaded from my camera to my computer.
samaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:42 PM   #2

Have you considered getting a USB attached card reader instead?

They're very inexpensive anymore. From what I can tell, that camera model can use Memory Stick Duo cards (which is very unusual for a non Sony camera). Here are some card readers that should work with that media type (as well as Secure Digital Cards). You should be able to get one for around $10 delivered.

Now, if you're using the camera's internal memory (versus a memory card), that would present a problem (you'd probably need to have a cable for it unless one of the menu options allows you to copy from internal memory to an installed memory stick duo card).

From a quick google search, it looks like many vendors have cables that are claimed to work with it. But, you'll have to do your own research as to how valid those claims are and if the vendors are reputable or not.

You may also want to try contacting Samsung and see if they can help out.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote