Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:52 AM   #1
Default Transferring picutres from SmartMedia Card

I have a Olympus C2020z. Been using it for ten years, never had a problem. We took a family trip and I took about 50 pics. When I got home I put the smart Media Card into the Card reader that I always use and tried to transfer the pics from the card to the puter. The puter finds the card reader but it shows nothing on the card. I put the card back into the camera and can see the pictures. But when I want to transfer them to a laptop I get nothing. This has never happened. What did I do wrong? Is there some sort of blocking setting that I inadvertently pressed?
nl5842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:22 AM   #2

Can you transfer the photos to the computer using the USB cable that came with the camera?
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:54 PM   #3

No, but I did find out what I did wrong. Apparently I must have formatted the SmartCard using the computer and not the camera. I experimented with another card and found out that's what I did. So I had to reformat my "problem card" using the "camera" and now it works. I hope somebody learns from this mistake. Thank you for your reply.
nl5842 is offline   Reply With Quote