Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:52 AM   #1
Default Memory Card Issue: Space and Filming Time

Hello Everyone,

I brought a Sandisk SDHC 16GB for my Casio EXFH-100 which I just brought and I put it in it said 18 mins or so. I found that surprising I was expecting hours or so. So I followed the instructions to format the card, After I formatting the card it still has the same length of time 18 mins.

1) I was wondering is this usual? because I thought that you would get alot more time for a card for that size.

I should say I am very new to cameras, in fact is this the first ever camera I have brought period!

I would be grateful if anyone could help me. I must say I'm very disappointed.

2) maybe I've done something wrong?

Last edited by Tippa; Dec 31, 2010 at 2:30 PM. Reason: no attention gained. maybe title wasn't helpful
Tippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:14 PM   #2

You're probably just seeing the maximum recording time for a single movie (which will vary, depending on the movie mode you're using). But, you can record more than one movie on the same card. See pages 195 and 196 of your camera's user guide for info on maximum recording times:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:41 AM   #3

Correct, you have hit the file size limit for recording at 720p. If you shoot in Standard Definition you can shoot longer movies.

If you want to shoot longer HD movies, you need a camera that can record to the AVCHD format. Panasonic and Sony have cameras which use this format.

For instance, a ZS7 can shoot over an hour at 720p with a large enough memory card. To my knowledge there is no limit on length of movie with the AVCHD format.
jdenkevitz is offline   Reply With Quote