Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:44 PM   #1
Default write speed - who has the fastest SDXC

OK, planning to shot lots of burst mode next week - so what's the 'real world' fastest memory card nowadays? Anybody done a speed test on theirs - or have a link to a recent shootout with testing?
rockandroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:22 PM   #2

From what I have been reading any of the Sandisc cards that have a class rating of "UHS Speed Class 1" are the fastest SDXC cards out there. However with that said not all cameras that use SD cards can use SDXC and not all cameras that use SDXC cards can take advantage of that speed class yet. I have a camera that can use SDXC cards but in the manual says it sup[ports up to class 10. S check your camera manual to make sure your camera can support an XC card and the UHS Speed Class 1 rating....

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:19 AM   #3

It depends on the camera you've got. Some cameras can take advantage of the newer, faster UHS-1 cards, but many can't. In general, however, the fastest cards are usually from SanDisk and Lexar.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:33 AM   #4

I guess with all new camera model, the writing speed are pretty good. I do not really care about memory card writing speed as long as camera can handle it well.
joewilliam22 is offline   Reply With Quote