Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:57 PM   #1
Default Toshiba SDHC card not being recognised

I am brand new to this and a total novice so please bare with me!
My 2nd daughter's birth was captured on my camcorder direct onto the Toshiba SDHC 16GB card (I managed to sneak the camera into the ward and secretly film it without the strict midwife know!). The birth was amazing and I loved the fact I managed to record it, as well as several other early days in her life. Unfortunately, one day whilst trying to view the clips, the camcorder suddenly said "no data", and it appears to have either been wiped or corrupted. When I switch from playback mode to record mode on the camcorder it says "check card".

I have tried downloading some recovery software but I can not select data as my laptop does not recognise that the SD card has been inserted. I have tried it in the locked and unlocked position. I have also checked the laptop is ok by inserting another SD card in the laptop and it recognises it straight away.

Is there anything I can do as my missus will probably leave me if I have lost that precious footage. Maybe I shouldnt buy SD cards on Ebay any more!? (please go easy on the abuse for that!)

Teamnoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:59 PM   #2

I see no one has replied yet, so I'll jump in and try to help. First off, take a look at the sticky thread at the top of this page for suggestions on how to recover lost picture and video files. The program I go to first, is PC Inspector File Recovery. (not the simplified us version). It can recognize drives which don't show up on the operating system's view, and can do a thorough scan. Others have different preferences.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote