Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:09 PM   #1
Default Minolta a1 & dane elec 512 mb cf card problem

I have a dane-elec 512 mb cf card I got with my Minolta a1 as part of a package 2 months ago. I was using it last night and all of a sudden the camera displayed "card error" on the lcd and won't let me do ANYTHING with it. Selecting OK turns off the camera.
Is there any way to recover the card or at least reformat it so that it's useable again? As of now I can't use it at all. Is this a common problem? Is it a crappy card?
trs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2004, 1:00 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with that card brand.
Did you attempt to reformat it using the A1?
Have you formatted it using the A1 ever - or did you start using it out of the box without formatting it? I've seen problems where a card will begin to work "out of the box" but then read errors after beginning to use it - it is always safer to format any new card using the camera.
My camera is in for repair but as I recall you need to switch the camera to playback mode - then hit the menu button - then you'll see the "format" option. If the "format" option appears grayed out then there may be a real problem with the card in which case I would return it for a refund (assuming it has a 1-year warranty) or you could try formatting it with a PC after which attempt reformatting it with the camera.
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 9:02 PM   #3

Please contact me if you still have the problem with your CF card.
wwrotek is offline   Reply With Quote