Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:20 AM   #1
Default Recovering deleted images

Some one in our office just deleted a number of photos off a memory card, after working with the original and not keeping an spare original set. I've sceen a service that says they can recover deleted images as long as they have not been shot over, but we have to send it out. Is there any software ala Norton Un-erase where we can do this ourself? Also, for future reference, will it work with our new Microdrive?
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2002, 2:22 PM   #2

IBM microdrive recovery here

[Edited on 8-27-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:50 PM   #3

Digital Image Recovery is excellent ( and free par dessus le marché!)
I did not have the need to use it ( and hope not) but I tested it and it recover every picture .
More interresting , it can scan whatever presented as a drive , I tested on binary hardisk image file that I saved on CD from a crashed hardisk , and it did the job very well .
Years b4, I did manualy with norton edit and it was a terrible time consuming task.
I intend to contact the author for providing a more flexible recovery utility ( ie recover other kind of files , it's just a matter of file heading recognition what I did manually when I need)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote