Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 21, 2004, 6:02 PM   #1
Default Canon A80 but which Flashcard?

Just bought a Canon A80 and trying to decide on what flashcard to purchase. I am considering buying a sandisk 256mb but I am unsure of the speed to download, delete and take the next photogarph. Would I be better with the ultra II or should I go for a Lexar, or does it not really matter.

This is my first digital camera to be used for family point and click type shots. So i guess what I'm after is some advice on which card to buy.

Many Thanks
The Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2004, 5:41 AM   #2

As other have said if fine havin a SanDisk Ultra II BUT:

1) You need the camera that can actualy cope with the high speeds & make use of them

2) You also need the PC as the Ultra II wont achive its max speeds without a dedicated SnaDisk Card Reader & firewire connection

Im ot sure bout the A80 but the ppl to are ask are Canon! I found most companys are more than willin to help you out, as you pay there wages. So givem a call or email
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 8:10 AM   #3

After you get to around 12-16x it doesn't matter. The camera can't really write that faster.

Both Lexar and SanDisk are good brands.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 7:29 PM   #4

Make sure what you get is not a CF II card cause I dont think the A80 will take it.
LynchMOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 7:53 AM   #5

I am wondering the same

I am going to get my Canon A80 tomorrow and am considering buying a KIngston CF card. Anyone got bad experiences with these?

my question is also, is it worth paying more $ for the faster SLC pro line (speed wise) , or won't it make any difference in the A80?
could i still make high speed shots with the standard card??

anyone got any clue? i'd be very grateful
fukumi21 is offline   Reply With Quote