Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 31, 2002, 12:58 AM   #1
Default problem with my olympus and memory card

Hi everyone, I have some problem with my olympus c4040 and 128m smart media.

When I tried to take a film, the camera kept crashing, the whole screen is green and the light is on, but no action takes place. It doesn't react to my order of turning it off. Well, I am using the rechargeable nickel-metal batteries. So after several times of taking the batteries out of the camera (I don't know the exact time, but almost after an hour fighting with the camera), it finally did work, and I finally filmed something.

Then problem turns out again today, I was trying to download the films and other pictures I took on that card to my computer, and when I tried to download the film, the camera crashed again. Pictures are fine except for one. So I took out of the batteries, again, after several times I tired that, finally I did download the films, but one picture still couldn't. So I decided to format the card, but I was told by the camera that I couldn't do that because there was error on it.

So does that mean the card has problem? I purchased them only three months ago. And what can I do now?

Thank you very much for your help.
ddl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2002, 8:37 AM   #2

Try putting the card in a reader and reformating it. I had a problem with my card the other day, a quick format fixed it :P
MIDACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2002, 8:46 AM   #3
Default Memory card

Try cleaning the memory card with a 100% cotton cloth. Gently rub the gold surface area. You may have touched this area with your hands and contaminated the card. Do you have a problem with the original Olympus card? You may also have a bad card.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote