Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:36 AM   #1
Default Does anyone make this thing:

I plan to buy a Canon digital SLR camera (10D most likely) to take a lot of consecutive images.The pictures will be taken right next to my computer. I don't want to take out the CF card every time I want to transfer the pictures to the computer, nor do I want to use the slow USB connector.

Does anyone make a dummy Compact Flash card that has a USB 2.0 or FireWire cable sticking out from its side that you can connect to your computer so that the hard drive functions as the CF storage? Or anything else of that kind?

Thank you!
petreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2004, 3:33 PM   #2

I know of no such "fake CF card" like you describe.

If youw ere willing to spend serious money, you could look into a camera that has either FireWire or USB2 that hooks directly into the computer. Next, of course, it would have to send the picture directly to the computer.

I bet either of those interfaces would be fast enough so that it could take lots of pictures very fast.

The trouble with this solution is that the cameras with either of those connectors are expensive (at least the ones that I know of.) Try looking at:
Canon: 1D, 1Ds
Fuji: S2 Pro
Nikon: D1X, D1H, D1, D2H

But there are others, check out this link:

An interesting question.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote