Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 20, 2004, 3:37 PM   #1
Default The Hitachi 4GB Card will work in the Minolta A2 if...

Hello all,

I have decided to register to Steve's and leave you all with some valuable info I discovered after 2 days of work. I own the Minolta A2 and recently purchased the infamous Creative MuVo2 and yanked the 4 gig card. I formatted it with my computer to FAT32. My camera wouldn't recognize it. I tried everything. I used all sorts of different cluster sizes, I even tried just using FAT. I even tried copying the files from my Microdrive 340mb (which does work). Nothing made the 4 gig card work. I began to think it was bad. I went to the store over lunch and loaded the card in the Sony F-828. It worked just fine. It also worked in the Nikon 8700. I couldn't try the Canon Pro1 or Olympus 8080 because the batteries were dead on them. I formatted the card with the Sony and left feeling bummed that the card wouldn't work in my camera. When I got home, I tried it one last time in a desperate attempt. To my astonishment it worked. I could now format it with my camera. I have shot pictures and dumped them on my hard drive, then formatted with the camera and started over again. It works great. I can get, I think it was, 335 RAW pictures with the 4 gig card. The key is to format with The Sony F-828 to activate usage on the 4 gig hitachi drive for use in the Minolta A2. (Other camera's may fix this too but I can only verify it works by using the Sony). I hope this info helps. Follow by example as we fight the war on price. I don't know why Hitachi thinks they can sell us the same 4 gig stick for $500 that they sell to companies like Creative for $100 or less. What BS. I will play my part in making them pay. Share this info...

funkriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links