Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:10 PM   #1
Default 512 MB Sandisk CF card for 58.99USD

Hello everyone,

I'm in desperate need of a compact flash card for my new G5 and my question is whether the Regular sandisk 512 MB CF card is any good. I know it is considered slow in terms of flash cards but is there any other problems with it?

Eventually I will be getting the 10D replacement when-ever it comes out. Will this card be too slow for the 10D?

Thanks for your input,

KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:04 PM   #2

Rob Galbraith has some tests of CF Cards in the EOS-10D at this link:

The Sandisk "standard" 512mb Compactflash card was the slowest, out of all cards he tested (you'll see it at the bottom of the table).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:03 AM   #3

I use a Sandisk standard 512mb in a Canon S500 (your G5s cousin) every day with completely satisfactory results.

Cost is an issue here also! Faster cards cost more.

Idea: buy the less expensive Sandisk and use it. It may turn out to all you ever want OR You can later buy a faster bigger CF card when they're cheaper - and your standard Sandisk will always be useful as your second card.
GregC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 8:26 AM   #4

I'm using a regular Sandisk 512 in my Canon 300D. I can't find that it is held me up at all. Maybe if I were having to shoot in burst mode? I don't know, but I just can't see the difference in cost right now.
FSUScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote