Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:36 PM   #1

what is the current best product in terms of speed and quality ? Is 40X still the most reasonable/ Ls lexar any better than Scan Disk? It loks like the 1G size is still pretty proicey but I've seen 512 MB for less than $100. and even less in Scan Disk.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

drmjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:57 PM   #2

You don't say which dSLR, so that makes things a little harder.

SanDisk makes very slow cards and very fast cards. You don't say which SanDisk you're talking about. The best SanDisk is better than the Lexar 40x.

I find the 40X Lexar 512 WA to be fast. I can see the difference between it and 32x on playback, but not really when writing pictures.

People have had trouble with SanDisk post-purchase support (hard to find contact info, give you a hard time proving you are the original owner.) Lexar has been very good to people (no hassle "we'll just send you a new card." attitude.)

Personallly, I prefer Lexar cards because I like to support companies that treat their customers well. But the best SanDisk didn't exist when I purchased my lexars. Right now SanDisk is pricing very aggressively, and its working. The Ultra II's are fast and (in some cases) much cheaper than the Lexar 40x. That is hard to swallow. I hope Lexar comes out with their 80x cards soon.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote