Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:38 PM   #1

I read over the Hitachi Embedded documentation for the OEM microdrives and it looks like there is one bit to activate CF+ or not. Anyone have details on how modify this to convert OEM to Retail?? It must be some flash firmware control from what i can tell. Anyone aware of flash upgrade procedure for the microdrive?? I have a 44C that works fine in the PC, XP, 2000, etc, but the camera D70 will not accept it. Only time to before this is figured out...
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2004, 11:27 AM   #2

I wish you luck but don't hold your breath. Hitachi has purposely disabled those 4GB microdrives so they can't be used in digital cameras. This is why we have tried to tell people which drives can be used and which can't be used (see the first message in this forum). Unfortunately there are so many rip-off dealers on eBay selling drives that they KNOW won't work that these incompatible drives keep turning up and unknowing buyers purchase them.

Basically, most all of the good OEM 4GB microdrives from the Muvo players have already been sold. So it is BUYER BEWARE time now. Be sure to ask the seller to give you the model number and serial number of the microdrive he is selling so you can check it against the list of known working drives.

Before buying one on eBay make sure that the last three digits of the model number are 41C, 42B, or 43B - these are usable, the 44C drives are not.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:12 AM   #3

"3CA" also is fully cfII compatible

kingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:46 AM   #4

I have 41A and it works ok in my Canon 300D

ken from the uk
ken from the uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:19 AM   #5

gqwalker is offline   Reply With Quote