Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:42 AM   #1

I just received a 512 MB Lexar Pro CF card. It seemed to be OK until I tried to remove it from a Canon A70. The eject button pushed the card up but the fit of the card was so snug that it didn't pop up enough to be easily removable by hand. This is made worse by Canon's method of accepting the cards (the ridge on the top of the card faces back toward the CF door) so you can't readily grab the card ridge without danger of breaking that plastic door. I finally grabbed the card with needle nose pliers and pulled it out. I also tried the card on a Canon A75 with the same results. The card works better in my old Epson 3000z mainly because the card ridge faces out and is easier to grab by hand, but it is still a very snug fix. I have five of six other Lexar cards and they do not exhibit this problem.

Has anyone else ever run into this?

I sent the card back to the place I bought it and they promised to send a replacement. I just hope the next card is like the others I have and that this card was just improperly manufactured.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2004, 9:06 AM   #2

Could be that the card had some tiny extra ammount of plastic on its sides, or the lateral grooves weren't carved out properly. I also have a few Lexars and have had no problems, then I got a Sandisk Ultra and it fits a bit more snugly in my D100.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote