Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 11, 2004, 7:00 AM   #1

Hello Everyone,

I have a 40 gig IT that I purchased over a year ago and now have a problem.

Background: the first use of my IT was for storing Lexar 256 MB 24X CF images from my Nikon 5000 and all was well on 3-4 big trips. I.E. the Drive and Nikon Folders are recognized and transferred to the IT. Then when at home (via USB) my laptop recognizes the IT and Image Folders and allows me to transfer the images to a folder in the laptop.

But recently, when using my S2Pro, I have attempted to copy images with either a Transcend 512 MB or Lexar 256 MB 24X into the IT and get nothing (no images or folders) in the IT. But the lights work, the bars progress just like when transferring image data with my Nikon 5000 images/ CF's. When hooked up

I only format the CF's in the Camera that the memory cards are to be used in. What do I need to do to allow the IT to accept either the S2 CF cards OR (preferable) both S2 and Nikon 5000 CF card images. Please respond to cmrf90x2k@yahoo.com and to this forum.

Thank you for all your time, assistance and insight.

Chris Rea

SFC, US Army
Amman, Jordan
Amman S2 Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:06 AM   #2

If you were shooting RAW format it is possible that they will not be recognized without down loading new drivers. Check the web site for the IT. I just went through this issue with an older storage device.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote