Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 13, 2004, 7:34 PM   #1

:?I love my OM C-770 but I want a second camera to jam in my pocket or purse whiletraveling. I have already killed two clamshell pocket cameras (My old film Olympus Stylus and a Kodak D3600) Both cameras died after being dropped less than two feet onto a forgiving surface while inside their padded cases. Their lenses no longer extend even though there is no visable damge. I paid $90 to repair the Olympus a cuple of years ago but it now has the same problem. I need something a whole lot tougher than that!

For travel it would be a major plus if it took regular batteries that I can buy in any country and also uses my compact flash card from the old Kodak which I already own and doesn't cost thefortune they want for XD cards. I looked at the Canon A75 but in the old days Canon used to be VERY sensitive to moisture...even high humidity or the beach used to give them fits. Maybe they are better now..I'm talking early '80s here. The Nikon Coolpix is interesting but it usesSD memory as does the Minolta DiMAGE. Opinions anyone???
Cougartoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2004, 6:04 PM   #2

Take a look a Minolta 7hi (available on Ebay).

Had a friend drop one from 4 feet onto a rug.

It worked fine.

Good luck
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote