Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:16 AM   #1

I have a question, I was as Circuit City and saw a XD to CF adapter. was about to pick it up when I looked at the back of the box and it said "supports 32 - 128 meg XD cards"

silly question, but will this work with cards larger then 128? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I also don't see why they would print that if it wasn't the case. I have a 256 and will be getting a 512, would like an adapter so I can use my card with my printer, which only has a CF slot.

quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2004, 12:21 PM   #2

I had the same question when I was about to purchase an adapter. I called Fujifilm and they said that when the adapters were designed and packaged that only the smaller chips were made. It will work.

I willpass ona tip if you have not made a purchase yet. Go with the Fuji adapter. I read two letters in a magazine that reported problems with other adapters after a few uses. The Fuji seems to be better. Nothing worse than being in the field and something fail.

Ipurchased mine at PCSOUND.COM . The same order from BUY.COM took a month and arrived after my trip to Hawaii. I can also recommend the Flashtrax photo storage. Great for trips. Also, if at a big wedding you could approach other digital camera users, borrow their memory chip, save on the Flashtrax and return. This way you could have copies of all those candid shots. Of course you would need a mulit-adapter.

arlrltr is offline   Reply With Quote