Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:00 PM   #1

I am trying to decide whether to buy memory from a local store for $$$ or spend significantly less on an on-line order. Has anyone from Canada bought from the U.S.? Describe your experience please!
newtodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2004, 5:26 PM   #2

You may want to avoid the agravation of buying cross border by going to a store right here in Markham that sells a variety of high end cards at very low prices

I had read excellent reviews of ATP cards on the Internet, but only knew of Future Shop as a local source. This store has them for two thirds of the price, and they come in nice little protective boxes. These are 60x cards, so depending what you want to do, they are really fast for higher resolution captures, and even better for movies (my z2 does 30 fps at 640 by 480, and Minolta recommends the 60X format).

I took the Canada Computers price list to FS and invoked their "beat the competition by 10% of the difference" policy. A $100 half meg SD finished up costing me $65.90.

It just goes to show what the margins are like on this stuff. No wonder the US stores are competitive, when they import direct from China and the like.
wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote