Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:30 PM   #1

Pretty simple question, but I want to make sure before I ordera Memory Stick Pro.

Are all of theSandisk Memory Stick Pro 512MB's or 1GB's compatible with the Sony DSC-P150?

When I go to the sites of various vendors, they seem to have different manufacturer model numbers for the Sandisk Memory Sticks, and there are 2 different colors, blue and white, and I don't know if there is a substantive difference. I would hate to order a memory stick, have it not be compatible and have to return it and get hit with a restocking fee.

For compatibility, the vendors say to check the memory manufacturer. When I go to the Sandisk site, their compatibility finder doesn't yet list the P150 model, and when I e-mailed Sandisk, they said to check with Sony. When I contacted Sony, they say they can only vouch for their own memory sticks' compatibility.

MACinPtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:43 AM   #2

I'm using two Sandisk MS Pro sticks with my P150 (both are Ultra II's, one 256MB & 512MB.) MS Pro Ultra II's are black. Normal Sandisk MS Pro sticks should be blue. These should work without issue as well.

No problems at all... very fast and reliable.

HTH - Jim

Edit: FYI - Sandisk Ultra II MS cards have a lifetime warranty, too.

MackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote