Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:57 PM   #1

I just purchased a Canon SD300, and was wondering if for example using Sandisk's brand, if I would get anynoticableperformance upgrades going withthe Sandisk SD Ultra 2 compared to the regular Sandisks SD cards. I am going for 512mb. I guess this can go for Lexar too should I choose to go with them, in choosing their normal 512mb or the (32x) one?

bv0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:02 PM   #2

Yes, you will see performance upgrade with the Ultra II, IMHO.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:00 AM   #3

I have a Pentax Optio 43wr camera and I also want to upgrade to a better, faster card, but after some research and reading posts here, and calling up Pentax and San Disk (San Disk is good ) here is what I found out.

-Ultra II 9/10 read/write speed,is for camera's 5 mg pixels or better

-Extreme is the same (9/10)read write speed as Ultra II just a heavy duty construction, water/ ice proof ect. For 5 mg pixel or better camera's

-Extreme III is 20/20 read write speed , the fastest card with the best heavy duty construction, ie water proof ,ice proof. These cards are made for the best latest high end $$ camera with a high read and write speed.

-Red and blue labeled San Disk cards ,SD or CF , are all you need for a cheaper digital camera. This is what Sand Disk rep , and a Pentax tech told me .

Personally I want to get the basic Extreme card 512 mg for my Optio 43wr
moh2o is offline   Reply With Quote