Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:24 PM   #1

I am off to Mexico in about 46 days,,,,:|and I want to make sure I will have lots of space for holiday pics. What size of memory card, and what brand do you gang suggest?

northern1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:46 PM   #2

Different Sony models can use different types of memory (for example, some only use Memory Stick, some can use both Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro, and some must useMemory Stick Duo). Some Sony models can also use CompactFlash. So, it may be helpful if you let forum members know what model camera you have.

As for size, that will depend on how many photos you want to be able to take before you'll have a way to download them to another storage medium. Some users bringa laptop with them, others have a portable storage device, others have CD's burned during their vacation, etc.

As for brand, if your model uses one of the popular Memory Stick products, I think you'll find that Sony, Lexar and Sandisk all make memory that will work fine.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote