Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:19 PM   #1

I currently have a first generation Canon S110 that I have had since 2001. I have been using first-generation CF cards with no problem. All of mine are SanDisk which I purchased at Costco, all with no problems.

I just purchased a Canon S500 from Butterfly Photo and the customer service person did the same thing to me - he offered me the Digital Vision 512MB CF card for $99.00 and told me that this card is a 60x speed card, and it was on sale from its original $150.00 price. Yes, I got sucked in, but after I made the purchase I looked at Costco and they stock the SanDisk 1GB Ultra I for only $94.99. Did I get duped? Does anyone have any comments about the SanDisk cards vs. Digital Vision or Lexar? I have never heard of Digital Vision (the Butterfly rep said this isa professional grade CF card).

Help -I do not understand the different speeds? The Butterfly representative says that the Digital Vision card works at 60x while the SanDisk is only 40x? Costco has a Lexar that is 1G and works at 80x - shouldn't I just opt for this faster speed? How does one calculate the speed - one site says that SanDisk reads at 10MB per second, how does this translate into 40x??Does anyone know what speed the SanDisk cards read/write, or can you point me to a site that does side by side comparisons?

When my Butterfly package arrives, should I return the Digital Vision card and run over to Costco for either the Lexar or SanDisk? :?
lawyergirl974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links