Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:02 PM   #1

I have a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3 and want to start using the video to it's full potential. Takes SD cards and I only have a regular old 128MB. I am unsure about extreme, extreme III, Ultra II,32X, 60X, and the list goes on. I understand that I will need a high speed card but am feeling lost. What is fast enough? What is too fast? What isn't fast enough? I am also on a budget so I dont want to overspend and get something I dont really need. I could tolerate 512MB but would ideally want 1Gig. I want to record full video at 30fps without a problem but I don't care about the amount of time it takes to transfer.
Other issue is that I am in Canada and can't find ANY store with enough knowledge so far about the whole picture (no pun intended ;-) on memory cards )
Any help is much appreciated!

BTW - Steve's Digicams has been invaluable during my journey thus far!!! Thanks!
privatedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:26 PM   #2

I also have a Z3, and use the movie function quite a bit. I use a Sandisk 512mb Ultra II card, and find it quite satisfactory. Capacity is 250 photos or 5m40s video, or a combination; enough for a busy morning or afternoon on vacation. I download the card to a 20GB Compact Drive as needed, and have'nt exceeded its capacity on 2 trips of 2 weeks each. 20 GB is a lot of photos and video when vacation shooting.
herbertiii is offline   Reply With Quote