Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:48 PM   #1

I have like a many others a 40GB iPod and really don't want to buy an additional 1 GB SD if I can use the iPod for storage. You can but the the current Belkin unit is so slow (1/2 hour)and eats batteries plus drains the ipod on a simple 512MB transfer.

Does anyone know if there is another unit that can allow the iPod to store digital pictures?

With the price of 1 GB SD cards dropping to around $80, I guess I could buy a couple more.

I have a FZ20 and it holds about 390 plus minus (if I don't shoot TIFF - then 60) however on my last fishing trip, I shot the full card in two days. Luckly I could get to one of those computer online places and dl to disc but, it wasn't at all convenient.

The alternative is to buy one of those 40GB storage devices like the X drive but the costs are well above $300.

I did see this unit on ebay and wondered if anyone had bought it or heard anything about it. You can get 6 GB of storage with USB 2.0 for $79 which is less than an extra 1 GB SD card.

LOOK Image Tank

mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links