Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:51 AM   #1

Hello all,

I was wondering about some of the high performance Memory Sticks on the market today: the Sony MemoryStick PRO High Speed, and SanDisk ExtremeIII & Ultra II MS PRO cards. Would I be right in assuming that the Sony is basically the same as the Ultra II? It seems to have the same read/write speed, and I know Sony teamed up with SanDisk to produce the PRO. Also, if they are the same product, would they be manufactured separately? Or would they be manufactured by Sony or SanDisk and then branded separetely? Any info would be appreciated!
rg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:43 PM   #2

[*]Designed to support read and write speeds up to 80 Mbps on high speed enabled devices (taken from the sony site) is your device High speed enabled?

if its not all that xfr power is irrelevent samefor the sandisk card

i love how they advert the big looking 80Mbps which in reality 10MBs remember the transfer rate is dependent on the pump (the camera) as well as the bit bucket (the card)[/*]
for the entire lifespan of the MS card before Lexar and sandisk licenced to manufacture them the MS was a pretty slow and limited card. its only since these makers started did the product actually increase in performance. i'll guess that their HS cards are probably sandisk cards marketed under the sony moniker.

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote