Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 6, 2005, 5:44 AM   #1

Hi there.

Was lookingat another thread and saw just how much cheaper the Sandisk Extreme III CFs are in USA compared to UK (where I live). Does anyone know of a cheap and reliable retailer for these cards (looking for a 4Gb) who ships to UK? Obviously, I would like to avoid huge import taxs etc if possible...

Please PM me with any info you know... Thanks
hotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:10 PM   #2

I actually don't want to tell you because there's a chance you could order one before I do, and it will be out of stock when I want to purchase it :roll: Nah, the only place I found Sandisk Extreme anything was from B&H (www.bhphoto.com). Right now they list the 4GB version as coming soon, and the 2GB version as out of stock. I don't know how they would ship it to the UK, nor if customs duties would apply to your order.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:30 PM   #3

what do you honestly feel is the advantage of the extreme 3over the ultra 2?

take it from someone who ones a 2gb E3 it isn't really worth it.

1- on both the 1Dsm2 and the 1Dm2 the speed difference was found to be irrelevent as far as true difference. (i own/use both)

2- the warranty is exactly the same

3- the pricepremium is definately not worth it at about +20% so far

4- the rescue pro software is quite slow and does not work nearly as well as photorescue does

5- i can tell you the operating temp range of an ultra 2 is muchmore then their spec.

i have (1) 2gb extreme 3 and (5) 2gb ultra 2 cards

the availability of the 4gb in the E3 is spotty at the moment so those who have them charge top $ for them and usually they actually don't

the only thing truely extreme about them is the price so far

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote