Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 22, 2005, 3:06 AM   #1

Magicstor 4GB ATA/IDE does not works on the Cameras. Any suggestion how to make it work or suggest some alternate use of this drive.:?
Attached Images
fuzzyfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:37 AM   #2

Not familiar with that brand but your camera must support FAT32 to use a device with more than 2GB of capacity. What camera are you trying to use it in ? See my IBM / Hitachi Microdrive report, there is a list of known cameras with FAT32 support.

I don't know what their quality level is these days but earlier Magicstor Microdrives were less than satisfactory when used in digicams. I think most of them are being sold for use in MP3 players these days. If you must have a Microdrive I would highly recommend the Hitachi brand, they just announced a new 6GB drive that will be shipping very soon for $299.

Did a little more digging and found that GS Magicstor has two different 4GB drives, the one you have with an ATA-IDE interface and a 4.4GB drive with a CF-II interface.I suspect that your drive will not work in any camera - you need the CF-II interface of the 4.4GBmodel.

It should work fine if used in a computer though as it does have an ATA-IDE interface.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote