Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 8, 2005, 8:30 AM   #1

Has anyone used the Mittoni Secure Digital SD to CF CompactFlash II Card Adapter Type II in their Canon S1?

I bought this device to be able to use SD cards in my Canon S1. The SD card fully inserts into this CF II adaptor, which then fits into the CF II slot on the Canon S1 and the door can be closed. It can be found at http://www.mittoni.com.

The adaptor is rated at 8MB/s. When I use it with a SanDisk Ultra II 512MB card (or any other card I have tried), I am onlyable to record about 30 seconds of 640x480 30 fps video before the camera stops in order to write to the card. This combination of adaptor/sd card does not seem to be fast enough for the camera.

I e-mailed Mittoni and their reply was:
Thank you for your email,it can be very dififcult to determine the speed of devices with the adapter due to transfer beteen the adapter and the flash card -- it seems that the combination may be slow for SanDisk, I am sorry we cannot provide better guidance than this.
I have tried formatting the SD card in various card readers, but it didn't make a difference.

Has anyone had any success with this adaptor, especially using itwith the Canon S1? If so, what SD card did you use? Does anyone have any suggestions I can try?

Thanks in advance,

turtletom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links