Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:50 PM   #1

I am looking for a 4GBHitachi Microdrive for my Canon EOS 20D. The Hitachi website says the Hitachi 3K6 is compatible. However, after not being able to find one (including Hitachi's seller's site), I contacted Hitachi and was told the 3K6models are "not widely distributed currently". When I asked about the 3K4 (Which is easily located), they stated it "should" work but has not been tested by them to verify compatibility.

Has anyone had any experience using the Hitachi 3K4 Microdrive in a Canon 20D? If not, any experience with other 4GB Microdrives? I would like to verify it will work before buying.
WMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:08 PM   #2

I have an OEM 4gb out of a Creative Muvo2 that works wonderfully in my 10D, and is significantly snappy in a 20D as well.
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 6:08 PM   #3

I use the 3k4-4 (4gb) in my 20D without problem. It is pretty fast. Just a little bit less (in my opinion) that my Extreme III (1 GB).

In best quality jpg (iso 200), it indicates 999 images and 445 in RAW mode.

I was intrigue also to not found in Montreal the 3k6-4. I have the chance to open the new box in the store (my 20D was with me) to try it.

Don't be afraid and go for the 3k4-4 . I am sure that Hitachi will put soon in the list of compatibility with the 20D. Hitachi put the 3k4-4 compatible with 10D. May be they put also soon the 20D if the 3k6-4 is difficult to find.

daniel122 is offline   Reply With Quote