Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:24 PM   #1

I am trying to use a Lexar media Multi-Card USB 2.0 Card Reader to read my FUJIFILM 1GB type M xd picture card. When I insert the xd picture card into the reader nothing happens. I goto "my computer" and click on the drive with the xd picture card in it and I receive the message"the disk in drive "e" is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" I try to format and I receive the message "windows was unable to complete the format" I can use the 1GB card in my fuji e550 camera and I can transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer using the usb cable connected to the camera. I would like to be able to use the multi-card reader to transfer the files from the xd picture card to the computer to save batteries. I do have 2 other xd picture cards(16Mb and 128MB) which work fine with the multi-card reader. I have looked on the lexar site for firmware updates. I have the current firmware installed. When I insert the picture card into the reader and I view the the disk types on WindowsXp with disk management I can see the 1000MB drive and it says healthy. The only thing that I noticed that was different is that there in no type of file system listed next to the the word "healthy". All of the other hard drives and other media cards that are visible in the computer management window have a file system listed next to the word "healthy". When I choose properties in disk management for the xd picture card it says that the disk file system is "raw" and the free space and used space is 0 bytes. I have pictures on the card currently. If anyone has any ideas it would be great. I will try to answer any questions that need answered. I have emailed lexar three times and everything they have asked my to try has not worked.
picky888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:54 PM   #2

There's a list of compatable xd card readers on the Fujifilm site. I don't recall Lexar being on it but you might check. If it isn't listed, return the reader and get your money back. It means Lexar didn't pay the license fee and/or the reader is NOT xD compatable with camera-written cards.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is. :roll:
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote