Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 13, 2003, 1:14 PM   #1
Default xd

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:09 pm Post subject: flash memory

i work for a rental car company and we find many things in cars afert trying to reach the costomer and waiting 30 days if no one has contacted us about there missing effects we get to keep them i recently came across a mint condition olympus brand 128mb xd card and case however my c-4000 does not support xd does anyone no if there will soon be an adapter that may work for me or a way to trade the xd card for a smartmedia card
mattjac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2003, 1:58 PM   #2

I have not seen or heard of an adapter for XD to sm. The chances are that it will not be made. If you add an adapter to the xd card it would be too thick to slide into an sm slot.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 7:41 PM   #3

i dont think the xd will work in the sm slot. For one thing, it is thicker than the sm, so an adapter would not physically fit in your camera. The other option is to trade the xd for an sm. I have an oly 5050 and am looking at trading my sm 128 for an xd 128, so i think you would have to be looking for the same trade with someone.
If you were located in toronto ontario, we might have been able to talk about it...
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2003, 12:47 PM   #4

mr gibson and geof hit it right on the head.

but those who use CF will be allowed access to the xd media via an adapter (see olympus website)
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote