Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:58 AM   #1

Hi everybody,

I need some advice. I have a Canon Powershot A 85 and a SandDisk 512 compact Flash card. I've taken over a 1000+ picts/videos with it and had no problems. Anyways, I just got back from holidays and now I can't get any of my picts/video (about 100 picts) off of it.

I am getting a "Memory Card Error" message while the card is in the camera and it isn't recognized by any card readers (tried about 5 ). I've gone to a couple of local camera shops and they tried to run some software programs (can't recall the names)to recover the picts but they haven't worked.

I called SanDisk and they referred me to LC Technology. They had me run their Demo software (FileRecovery Pro & Rescue Pro) but they could not recognize the card either. They recommended that I send in the card and they could look at it but a successful recovery would cost me $125.00 US.

I was just wondering if there are any ideas or suggestions to try before I go that route. Any thoughts. Thanks.

NWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links