Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:04 AM   #1

Hi. I, too, am having a similar problem and I hopethere isa solution. I was happy to seeNWW posting describing what proceduresthey tried to gettheir card to work - it saved me time and trouble. I have a Canon G3, using a Dane-Elec 256 mg CF card. Never a problem, 1000's of photos. Was on a camping trip Saturday, and after taking several photos, all of a sudden it said "CF Error". The camera wouldn't turn off, then wouldn't turn on - acting bizarre, like the battery wasn't working, but it was fully charged. I messed with it some more, took card out and put it back in, saw the CF error again and again, finally got it powered off and put it away. I tried it in my USB Card Reader at home, system doesn't see the CF card. I put another CF card in the camera, the camera works fine. Prior to the trip I had erased all images on card. One thing I didn't do was re-format the card in the camera. I have some beautiful photos on the card, nothing absolutely crucial, but I would like to recover them if possible. If recovery is not possible, how can a card be reformatted (would this help at this time) after one gets a CF error and nothing seems to recognize the card? Is the card dead at this point? I don't want to scrap it until I know for sure it's beyond help. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ShirleyW
ShirleyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links