Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:52 PM   #1

any suggestions.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:45 PM   #2

Don't know what kind of camera your using but I usually just buy the cheapest 1gb card I can find.

Camera buffers the shots anyways so don't worry too much about the card.

Continous shooting for wedding? Hmm.

I usually compose my shots for portraits, unless I'm trying to catch something impromptu.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:21 PM   #3

1Gb Sandisk Ultra 2 and 1Gb Transcend 80X SD cards have worked well on my D50.

In the near future there will be lot faster 2Gb cards widely available but for now the 1Gb offers best bang for the buck.
Nikon D50 is supposed to take advantage of faster SD cards but i havent seen any test so far.
If you are not in hurry you might want to wait for Rob Galbraith's Nikon D50 test results

If you plan to shot a lot then a combination of two memorycards and a picture bank is best solution,
for example two 1Gb Transcend 80X SD cards and a CompactDrive PD70X Portable Storage Device
offers a cost efficient and high performance way to shoot thousand of pictures without multiple memory cards.
Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:00 AM   #4

Try Transcend 150X 2GB SD card, it's around double faster than 80X, seems Transcend will forcus on their 150X ultra high speed, They released 4GB SD too!

leafalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:55 AM   #5

The A-Data Turbo150X SD and the Corsair 133X SD are also good choices. They areSLC (Single Leveled Cell) memory and they both come with a Lifetime warranty versus the five year Transcend warranty. I've benchmarked both in the 2GBsize and used them in my EX-Z750 and they both work equally great. I'd go with whichever one I could get for the least money.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote