Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:14 AM   #1

I recently got this 1 gb A-DATA Turbo SD card - I think I formatted it before I started using it (I usually do), but I might have forgotten to do it, I can't remember. Regardless, I took about 40 pictures with it when it stopped responding and the camera subsequently said "Memory Error", and could not be read by either my camera or my card reader. I don't even have a way to access it to format it now. I'd like to be able to get this card working again, and if possible recover the photos from it (there were a couple of keepers). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
dethsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 3:21 PM   #2

Hi - might be worthwhile to try a trial version of a photo recovery programme and see if you can recover your photos. There are many out there and here is a link to one of them..... http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/Perhaps someone else with an SD card can let you use their's to establish if the fault lies with your camera. Try copying the total contents of your card to a directory on your PC's harddisk and then try to open the photos using a standard graphics programme. I would not suggest that you format your card via your PC but rather via the menu as indicated on-board your camera.

Good luck!

Cheers - Herman
hauer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 5:13 PM   #3

I have a similar problem: My Panasonic SD card 256MB stopped working with an "Unable to use card" error message in my KONICA MINOLTA Dimage x50 camera.
Another SD card works fine, so it is not the camera.
I tried all kinds of recofvery programs to no avail. I finally reformatted thru my camera, but I still get the error message. My PC cannot see the removable drive E.
I would like to
1) recover my images.
If that is not possible,
2) reformat and reuse my card from scratch.
Any ideas?
goertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:20 AM   #4

My SD card was ruined with my Panasonic FZ30 shutting down during a cleanup, there was plenty of battery? Since then I have been searching for a way to re-initalize the card without any luck? The card itself does not have a manufactures name or number? So I can not return it.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:45 PM   #5

My Sandisk Ultra II croaked as well. To their credit I contacted them on Dec 27th, got an RMA and this week I'm going to ship my dead SD for a new one. I figured it wouldn't last forever but I'm happy with Sandisk's response. 2 lessons I learned, download the pix right away, better to buy several smaller memory sticks than one big one.
Rixter is offline   Reply With Quote