Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 26, 2006, 5:28 PM   #1

i have seen the Ultra II 4GB version for sale as low as $179, and the Extreme III for as low as $220. Which one of these should i get? the Ultra II writes at 9mb/s reads at 10mb/s, while the Extreme III writes at 10mb/s minimum, whatever that means. to me it seems only like a 1mb/s increase for the extra $50.

comments? suggestions? I have used these Sandisk Ultra II in the past with my P&S cameras, and they have worked excellent for me, never any problems, and very fast.

Bonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:43 PM   #2

The Extreme III cards are designed to be more resilient to the elements. It can work in extremely low and extremely high temperatures and is supposedly significantly more shock-resistant. The speed difference is not the biggest difference. The real question is this: are the cards actually different or are the Extreme III cards just warrantied more heavily? After all, I've never had any problems with any of my memory cards and I drop them and use them in the cold Minnesota winter all the time. Haha.
Good luck,

ps. Where did you see those prices? They're awesome.
DrDictionary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:16 AM   #3

CF card tests in the Rebel XT:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote