Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 13, 2006, 5:09 PM   #1

So I just ordered a Kodak EasyShare V550 and a Kingston Ultimate 1GB SD card. I was searching reviews of the card and came across this one and now I wonder if it will actually work in my camera. I'm guessing maybe it will work and not be able to take advantage of the speed? This is my 1st digicam so I've been trusting all of the advice here. Thanks. Here's what it says.

With flash memory becoming more popular each and every day consumers are expecting the technology to continue to improve. Just a couple weeks ago Kingston Technology launched an "Ultimate" line of SD memory that really raised the bar interms of speed.The cards come in the usual 512-MB and 1-GB capacities, but come rated at 133x. We have seen 33x, 66x, 80x cards in the past, but for the first time we are seeing 133x cards available for purchase.
[align=left]When we first saw Kingston's press release on the ultimate SD memory cards we wondered what devices actually could match those ratings.After all, you may have the fastest card on the block, butif no camera or deviceis able to take advantage of it then what good is it? Much to our surprise we found that the Nikon D50 that is due out this month will take advantage of these new cards."[/align][align=left]Here's the link~ http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=206
rainums is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links