Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 10, 2006, 12:44 PM   #1

i intend to get powershot a610 at the end of the month, but i wanna purchase the memory card before that on ebay, so that it can arrive when i get the camera. the world cup is soon, and kionigstein (where the brazilian football team is) is nearby and i'm willing to take good movies and pics. my question is if i get 2gb SD memory card, is a610 gonna support it, are there gonna be any problems with it? and since i want to make high resolution movies, what speed do u recommend for the SD. 120x, 133x, 150x? i dont want to have any frames skipped
thepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2006, 4:48 PM   #2

Should work.

And frames aren't skipped if writing speed isn't enough, recording is stopped if bufer becomes full.
Except for difference "in cooperation" between card and camera there shouldn't be any differences between cards of those speeds.

1GB can hold about 8 minutes of video. Also max file size for video is 1GB. At least if limitations aren't lower than in A620.

But with that camera you won't get close pictures of players unless you happen to be in front row and player directly in front of you so don't expect too much in that aspect.
Also zooming propably isn't possible inside videos so zoom before starting recording.

And you should always try camera before "H-hour" so you don't have to spend time trying to read manual.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote