Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 15, 2006, 11:39 PM   #1

Normally I am using Ultra-2 CF (1gb) and Kingston elite pro 50x to shoot photos with my Canon Pro-1.

According to Lexar (website mentioned) that write performance in WA enabled camera by up to 23% vs standard or 80x profesional cards.
Meaning If user camera didn't adopt WA technology so the capability of this card can only perform at 80x speed.

Because of this information so I bought new card Lexar prof 80x CF card and expect this card will perform faster than Ultra-2 66x..

Fact... Seems it is slower obviously than my Ultra-2especially after taken 80 pictures (JPEG)

Is my new Lexar 80x faulty ? or need latest firmware ?

Is this card not compatible with Canon product (heard before) or just not compatible with my Pro-1 ? I don't know whether this 80x speed only applicable for those camera which adopted WA technology/features ?

Appreciated for your comment and hope can share your experience.

thumbs_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2006, 2:55 AM   #2

It depends how camera handles data transfer between it and cards bus controller.
Looks like Canon hasn't made any firmware updates which would improve writing speed and propably won't do one, they're interested only from pushing people to "d"SLRs.

BTW, how Kingston work in that camera?
If it works fast there's propably some differences in camera's CF interface because in (Konica)Minolta cameras Lexars have been some of the fastest while Kingston Elites have always been one of the slowest.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 3:37 PM   #3

You might want to check out Rob Galbraith's site.

On the left, you'll see a tab for CF/SD...that will take you to a database that looks at camera/card performance.

Not all cards work well with all cameras. Some cards work better with some cameras.

I've got a 2GB Lexar 133x with Write Acceleration and it's very nice. Put it in my old Sony D770 and it was like a new camera. But I'm actually using that with a D200.

reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 12:13 AM   #4

Thank you... but I couldn't findfor Pro-1 or other pre-consumer camera.

All of studies wereon DSLR only

Does any one want to share ? :?
thumbs_up is offline   Reply With Quote