Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 19, 2006, 1:27 AM   #1

Max size CF card Jenoptik JD 4100 z3?

What is the Max size CF Type1 card that Jenoptik JD 4100 z3 camera can use?

JockMcJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2006, 2:50 AM   #2

Even 12 years old original CF standard set 137GB as maximum size but I would think that camera can use only FAT(16) file system which means 2GB partition limit. So from bigger card it could use only that amount.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 3:13 PM   #3

Some specifications for this model I see show it supports CompactFlash cards up to 512MB.

But, chances are, it will work with cards larger than that (up to 2GB), and the manufacturer just didn't test anything larger than 512MB. I have no way to verify it, though.

This model was made by Skanhex (a manufacturer located in Taiwan).

The Jenoptik JD 4100 z3 is a rebadged Skanhex SX410z. I tried to find more info on the Skanhex branded version of it.. But, their web site is not working (and I don't even know if they are still in business or not). It was at this link:

You are probably safe through 512MB (what some of the marketing specs showed for the camera), and I would not be surprised if cards up to 2GB in size worked. But, I don't know of any way to verify it, other than to try it for yourself.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote